How We Are Different?
- ALL of our interpreters are employees, fully insured for general and professional liability
- We DO NOT use independently contracted interpreters, which means better oversight and protects customers from downstream liability
- Employees are screened by FCRA-Compliant Background Checks, which are available for client audits
- We are a recognized agency by the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID)
- We are a certified Small Business by the State of California (#1754242)
- We are a certified Small Local Business Enterprise by the City of San Diego (#14IS1244)
Founder / Jennifer Clifford
Jennifer Clifford is the Founder and CEO of Interpret San Diego. Jennifer is an interpreter, certified Level IV (Advanced) by the National Association of the Deaf (NAD) as recognized by the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID). She has over 20 years of experience transliterating classroom lectures, conferences, training, special events, and professional appointments and interpreting the client responses from ASL to English in one-on-one, classroom, and big venue environments. Jennifer has had the privilege to interpret for President George W. Bush; Alan Krueger, Chief Economic Advisor to President Barack Obama; Admiral Thad Allen, USCG (Ret.); and San Diego Mayor Jerry Sanders.
Jennifer’s success would have not been possible had it not been six and a half years spent as a student, an intern, and employee working as the Department Administrator and Sign Language Interpreter for the Department of ASL and Deaf Studies at Gallaudet University in Washington, DC, from August 1998 – December 2004.
Chief Operating Officer & VRI Consultant / Eric Clifford
Eric Clifford, Interpret Orange County’s Chief Operating Officer, is a multi-certified expert in building network infrastructures as well as security and privacy compliance within the Department of Defense. He also provides business systems, risk, and information technology consultation to the healthcare and energy sectors. Clients include Accenture, CareFusion, San Diego Gas & Electric, and Southern California Gas. Eric is also a Distinguished Faculty Member at the University of Phoenix’s College of Information Systems and Technology. He currently teaches application development, telecommunications, computer networking, and cyber security at seven ground campuses stretching from El Centro to Palm Springs.