Interpret San Diego is looking for guest bloggers and vloggers. If you would like to blog or vlog about or issues concerning San Diego's Deaf and/or interpreting communities, please submit your entry to Info@InterpretSanDiego.com. If your blog or vlog appears exclusively on our website and new app, you will earned $150. Interpreters, interpreting students, and ASL students are welcome to submit as well.
Here are a few tips for Veterans and Newbies:
- No copy-catting. Stop trying to be like someone you admire and instead find out what unique offering you have.
- Tell the truth. Never lie, mislead, or cajole. Trust is slowly earned and easily lost.
- Be awesome. There’s enough mediocrity out there. Stop adding to the noise, and do something outstanding.
- Pick a theme. But realize your audience will stick around for your perspective, not your subject.
Growth and community
- Encourage community. Write or vlog unfinished posts, and ask your community to complete the conversation.
- Never underestimate the importance of networking. If you’re not connecting regularly with your audience, you’re missing out.
- Don’t write too little or too much. Generally, I try to write at least 300 words and no more than 1000 words. More than that, though, only write as many words as it takes and cut the rest.
- Have a point. Don’t just word-vomit on your audience.
- Write with conviction. Pick a side and be bold. And if you’re wrong, admit it.
- Short sentences win.
Motivation and inspiration
- Don’t give up. Bloggers and vloggers who stick with it ultimately win.
- Write / vlog as often as possible. Constantly capture ideas and turn them into posts.
- Expect critics. A few people hating you is a sign you’re doing something right. Be prepared.
- Find ways to regularly get inspired. This is the only way you can inspire others. When you’re empty, fill yourself up. Don’t neglect this.
- Realize you can only create or react. At any give time, make sure you know which one you’re doing.
About Interpret San Diego
With a strong understanding of Deaf culture, Interpret San Diego, a business of San Diego ASL Interpreting, LLC, offers American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters, and Video Remote Interpreting (VRI). We offer certified, local ASL interpreters in any setting, specializing in large events and conferences. With our cloud-based, on-demand VRI technology, our interpreters can be reached from anywhere in the country and we are proud to be the ONLY agency in San Diego that employs 100% of its ASL interpreters. Interpret San Diego is a certified Small Business by the State of California (#1754242)and a certified Small Local Business Enterprise by the City of San Diego (#14IS1244).