FOR PROSPECTIVE ON-SITE & VRI INTERPRETERS
Interpret San Diego is currently seeking freelance interpreters to work at our on-site assignments in San Diego as well as through VRI. SoCal VRI will enable our customers to connect to interpreters using a webcam-enabled computer with broadband internet access. If you are interested in providing VRI services over video, you must have the necessary hardware, software, and network to be eligible. Please review the following [click here] to confirm you have what is needed.
SO WHY WORK FOR INTERPRET SAN DIEGO AS A FREELANCE EMPLOYED INTERPRETER?
- We get to offer you free and paid training – and we’re doing it!
- We pay for your general and professional liability insurance (while on our assignments)
- We take care of your payroll taxes, to include workers compensation
- You get access to CA State benefits
- You can work without liability concerns in highly regulated industries, like healthcare
- Get reimbursed for certain expenses, like testing fees and certification maintenance
- Get paid fast, on the 1st and 15th. No more waiting 30 - 45 days.
- Earn Sick Pay (1 hour for every 30 hours worked)
A 1099, Independent Contractor relationship may prevent agencies from offering you any of the above. Oh, and we also partner with Wells Fargo, the best around – to include offering direct deposit and employee discounts on banking services. Being employed does not mean being staff. You are STILL a “freelance” interpreter, which means you get to freely accept and decline our assignments as well as work for whomever you wish.